Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Candle Holders....Revealed!

Good Morning!!  

I hope that your Saturday is dry, not too hot....or shaky!! :)

We are experiencing the "too hot" part!!  But I'm staying comfortable and I'll share my secret......housework is a no-no as is any movement not necessary to staying cool.  I find napping next to the fan to be especially comfortable. :) 

And please feel free to quote me to your husband...as in "Honey, I just read on the internet...." ;)

But I did manage to fix up these bad boys!!


I want to give a special Thank You to Mrs. Micawber for the suggestion of white!!

I had thought of black, as it is neutral, but white never crossed my mind.

However, it is PERFECT!!!!

First let me share one of my All Time Favorite Things..... 

Handy Sprayer!
If you like to spray paint things and don't have a paint sprayer and rely on the spray paint department (like I do!) please buy one of these.

You will thank me!!!

So anyway, I set the candle holders up on my special spray painting stands.

Paint cans....they're not just for holding paint anymore!!

From the first touch of paint I could tell it was gonna be great!

And they are!!! 



 They have the perfect look now and looked so fabulous for the party!!


I went for an all-white look on the table and it had such a fresh feeling!!

The vase is a cute "milk glass" (I don't really know what that is so I must put it in quotes. :)) number that I picked up at a thrift store.  

I cut some roses off our Cabbage Rose bushes and put it all on this aqua fabric that I use for all sorts of things!  Last night it was a runner of sorts! :)

The white is so nice!!!
  You can't really tell, but I have a lot of colors out on our patio.  You can see a little bit at the top of the above photo...but we have bright green plastic chairs, some bright colored tissue paper pom-pom garlands and that felt flower bunting so the white was the perfect, elegant-yet-casual touch.

Thank you again so much Mrs. Micawber for the suggestion!!

3 comments:

  1. These look fabulous! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment for my floor pillows! : ) Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ladies!!!! You make a girl's day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete