Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kickin' It Old School Style!

In the interest of full disclosure I have to be honest.

I believe it is all of our best interest that I just be forthcoming.

I'd hate to think that I might lead someone on here and cause disappointment.

I would feel very, very sad if anyone felt they had been misled.

So, ready?

The truth is I am the old fashioned kind of crafty person

My tools are basic: hot glue gun, scissors (straight and pinking sheers), hole punch (single and three hole), Sharpies, sewing machine (I have one which doesn't translate into knowing how to use it at the moment), staple gun......uuummmmmmmmm...I think that covers the basics.

What I mean to say here is that I don't have a vinyl cutting machine or a serger or actually any crafting gadget that's come out in the 21st century.

So, what you see here is all me, baby.

And when you see something that looks poorly executed (and you will!) remember my limitations and be kind! ;)

Believe me, it's not that I don't want them, oh no!!  It's just that our current financial status is such that this type of expenditure would no doubt send my sweet husband to divorce court. 

Thank you for letting me share and get this off my chest!!

And because I think posts with pictures are way more interesting, I found a picture of a book in which I believe I would have all the right tools!!

vintage_craft-workshop2.jpg

2 comments:

  1. What the heck is a vinyl cutter?

    Obviously I too lack the cutting-edge 21st century craft ethos. I have a pasta machine, but I actually use it for making pasta, not clay jewelry. No serger, just a well-worn sewing machine.

    That is a true 70's looking project on the cover of the book. It's funny how owls have come back into fashion the last few years (they were a 70's thing). I suppose mushrooms will be next. I've been waiting for 80's clothes styles to resurface and that's happening too. Everything comes around again.

    So what will you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know about the cutters, but from what I gather you can design anything...lettering mainly, but designs, too....on your computer and then you send it to your cutter (like a printer but...not) which has the color you want in it, and it cuts out what you designed. People make really neat stuff with them....great signs and decorations.

    Oh yea, that mushroom totally rocks the 70s!!!! I get a special grin when 80s music is redone and I see 80s clothes being worn cuz wasn't it only a few years ago people made fun of the 80s???? LOL!!!! I was a teen in the 80s so you know I get a certain satisfaction to see it coming back!!!! Hmmm...think we'll see big bangs and huge shoulder pads again???? ;)

    ReplyDelete