Friday, September 30, 2011

Slowing Down

I've been reading this book:



It's about ...well let me share this quote,

"How to Have Your Cake and Eat It, Too is for every mother who’s ever wondered if it’s possible to pursue her own passions while investing in her family and managing a home."

It's not a long book but it has made me pause quite a few times to think!

I'm in the section on living intentionally.

Now that is a word that I think I could have used years ago!!

It's a concept I've never grasped but felt that it was out there...somewhere.

Now that I have the word bouncing around in my mind I'm reassessing a lot of what I do.

Even down to folding the laundry, if you can believe it!!

I'll notice from time to time that I move around like I'm in some type of hurry.  Sometimes it's a necessity and sometimes I think it's just my default.

My grandma (my mom's mom) was a hustle bustle woman.  I didn't get to visit her often but one of my strong memories of her his how busy she always seemed to be around the house.  She always had something to do and she did it quickly. 

A few minutes ago I was folding laundry and I realized I was really rushing.  Sure, it's not an interesting thing to do so getting it done fast seems reasonable.  But once I made the observation I deliberately slowed down determined to just enjoy the moment.

And you know what?  I did!  I was in the garage, folding laundry and I just enjoyed the moment!!  Slowing down just felt really nice!

I'm not finished with the book yet...it's a book to savor.   Yet, if all I take from it for now is living intentionally, it was a great $9 investment!!



**  Just a note to say I get nothing for mentioning the book and if you buy it I receive nothing.  It's just a good book worth sharing!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I never have problems slowing down. I need a little help speeding up at times! I guess I'm living intentionally without realizing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this thought and do believe i may be getting this book! Love, Me

    ReplyDelete