Friday, September 9, 2011

So Camping...I Loved It!!!

Nobody was more surprised than me how much I enjoyed camping!!
Okay, possibly my sister....she was shocked!!
:)

It was SO fun!!  Of course, being at a campground that is run much like a cruise ship helps!!
At the Silent Valley Club camp ground if you are bored it's cuz you wanna be!!

My sister, my dad and I entered a pool tournament!!
The gentleman in the orange is my cute dad!!

It was double elimination....I played two games...yea..

But, I had a blast!!!  

Also, this cutie turned 13!!!!
He is truly a kind hearted young man.....Love!!!! 

My sister and her family drove up just for the day, too!!  That was a huge blessing as it was a two hour drive each way!!!  They are Adam's favorite people so it touched my heart!!

I also think these are acorns!!
Just last week over on Mrs. Micawber's Lovely Blog I had mentioned that I didn't think I'd ever seen an acorn.  Then over the weekend these things kept dropping out of the trees on us.  These aren't the type that I think of when I think, "Acorn" but it is something!!

Also, see those pointy parts on the ends??  They hurt.

This was a great trip and I'm looking forward to doing it again!!
Did I really say that???

Adam on the rock, Alyssa at the table on the right hanging with their cool cousins!!
The camper is my parents, btw!!  (I wish it was mine!!!)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time. Those pointy things are really amazing. Not sure they're technically acorns (which have to come from oak trees), but definitely a tree seed of some kind. That would be painful to be underneath when they drop. When the walnuts fall out of the walnut trees here, it's like being hit with a tennis ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! I think walnuts would hurt more than these things for sure!! :)

    My hubby, the landscape designer, was saying they were California Oak trees....figures...now we know why these aren't normal!! lol!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told ya, told ya, told ya!!!!
    I'm not surprised in the least!
    Campers unite!
    Luana

    ReplyDelete