Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mason Jar Sewing Kit from Mom 4 Real!!

I'm going to be honest and admit that I didn't get the whole linky party thing when I first started reading crafting blogs.

First off the word "linky"....what is that?  Was it a real thing or cute-ifying the word link?
I didn't know, felt silly asking so I just averted my eyes to the mention of them lol!!

And I just went on avoiding them for quite a while until.....until the truth was revealed and I Got It!!!

Yea, dork here!! LOL!!!

Obviously I've learned not only what they are but how FANTASTIC they are!!

And not only do I find neat-o projects I find neat-o bloggers!

The point of my embarrassing revelation is.....

Look What I Made!!!



Jessica at...






...shared her creation at a linky party and it was perfect timing!!


Isn't this adorable and fantastic??  It's not only cute it's functional....I love it!!

The timing couldn't have been better.....last weekend my husband needed to sew a button on...now he could find a needle and thread but didn't know where or if we had buttons!!  I was out of the house that day and wasn't around to help him....poor guy!!
I told him later I have buttons but admitted that they were definitely not handy!!
So this was in the back of my mind as I was checking out a party (which one I do not remember!! ack!!)...and saw Jessica's fabulous project!!
I knew right then that I HAD to make one!!
I had all the supplies which was lovely and so I got to work and made this.....


I love the pink but an not a fan of that blue and I'm just fussy enough to want to make this cuter!! lol!!!
So, I will be changing out the scissors and seam ripper at some point!! :)

The pink object inside is a little strip of felt with some needles and safety pins that I pinned on it and rolled it up.  And the white lid right behind is.....buttons!!!  I went through what we have and found an assortment of sizes and colors that I think will make my guy happy!!  Then I filled it with thread in colors I think are most useful to us.

Don't you want one now, too?  Wouldn't this be a great Christmas present?  
If you make one let me know!

This has made me think this week about the internet and blogging and how we can live thousands of miles from someone but it's like we are neighbors sharing our tips over the back fence!! 

Oooohhhhh!!  So Mayberry!!!

Have a beautiful day!!

* * * 
Sharing!!!




you are talking too much 

It's Overflowing's Sunday Party!!!

6 comments:

  1. YAY! I absolutely love it! Thanks so much for the shout out! You are so sweet! Speaking of Linky Parties, Mine is tomorrow...why don't you head over there in the morning and link this up? It could drive some extra traffic to your site, and I would love to have you!

    Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! They sell it for crazy price at Anthropologie and every time I think....I could totally do that...yours is even better than theirs!!! So fun and impressive!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you liked my Mercury Glass! It was super easy, all the tutorials on it seemed like a bunch of steps, just spray, wipe, spray again. I am your newest follower!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to make this for some time now but just never get around to it. Your's looks great!.
    I'm a new follower and I hope you can come to my new blog and follow me to. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/ If you like.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, Laura. Yes, "linky" is a rather strange word, but the parties are a lot of fun. It is a great way to meet like-minded bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Linky parties are fabulous-- I get so many wonderful ideas every week... now, if there were just more hours in the day so I can make everything! :) Thanks for sharing @ Manic Monday.
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete