Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recent Treasures!

If you are like me you like to see what people find at thrift stores and garage sales.
If you aren't like me, then you'll probably glaze over about now! :)

I find thrifting so exciting!!
To me it feels like I'm on a treasure hunt and finding even one thing that I just have to have is thrilling!!

I used to be rather.....indiscriminate, let's just say.
It was like I had to bring something home...no matter what!
But then, we moved.
I saw the reality of that shopping mentality!
Gah.....

SO!
These days I'm rrrreeaaaalllllyyyy picky!!
Finding something that I really like at a price that I'll pay lends to the suspense every time!!
(I'd like to call it discerning, but I think cheap fits better!!)

My dear husband likes this New Me much better!!
I do, too, to tell the truth!
It makes the days that I find good things so sweet!!

Without further ado allow me to share my recent treasures!!



Even the chair!!
But the chair isn't recent...a $3 swap meet find that was a wreck!
My Dad and I did recently put it back together.

But the rest is from the past week!

I think the tea towels are my favorite!
I especially like the one on the bottom right.
Those three there are embroidered and are very pretty!!
But the one on the right is exceptionally nice!

Oh, and there's a butter dish missing because it's already being used!
I really needed one and it was .25!!
That's my kind of shopping!! :)

I expect the next month or so to be slow now!!
I'm never this lucky!!

* * *

What have you found lately?
I'd love to see!!

* * *

Enjoy the rest of the week!


6 comments:

  1. Your finds are great, Laura. I'm trying to be more discerning too. You should see my spare bedroom though - tells quite another story. Nobody to be accountable to! I love the chair you and your dad fixed up. And linens make my heart sing - great buys! Thanks for visiting Cottage and Creek. Your sweet comments always brighten my day.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great chair! All my favourite chairs are thrifted or from auctions (which I don't think you have in SoCal). I do love a good thrift store. Come to think of it, most of my favourite clothes are from thrift stores too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My...treasures, indeed. Every single item. I recently bought two vintage aprons from an antique store that are so precious and "well worn"!. Your tea towels are wonderful. And kudos to you and your dad for salvaging that beautiful chair.
    Have a good weekend,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful finds, you really lucked out. The towels are so pretty and the chair looks so happy now:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing finds Laura !! Love that butter dish. Did you know your beautiful comments never fail to make my day ? Thank you xx Happy Easter !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you have found!! I love looking and finding treasures. A girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete